Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Spicy Spinach Quiche and Black Forest Chiffon Pie

 Swirly!

I recently calculated how many pies I’ve made so far and how many more I have to go; I’ve done about 60 and I have about 100 more to go. Still! This means I have to ramp up the speed and bake two a week for the next year to make my 30th birthday deadline. So, first up, a quiche and a chiffon!



 The spicy spinach quiche was quite rich, filling, and healthy (relatively), though not at all spicy. 
And the quail egg yolks were a cute, decorative addition.



The brandied cherries for the Black Forest chiffon pie 

I waited nearly a year to make this pie; I had my eye on it since last year’s cherry season when I first started the project, but it seemed a little too complicated to make at the time. So, I brandied the cherries in kirsch with the first crop of this year.



 Chocolate crumb crust sealed with chocolate, studded with brandied cherries, covered with chocolaty chiffon, and glazed over with more chocolate goodness!



 The result was a marriage between cherries jubilee and chocolate tiramisu. You could taste the mildly boozy cherries in between bites of chocolaty, creamy clouds of chiffon. What a perfect union:)



 Delicious remembrance…



2 comments:

  1. 60 down and 100 more to go? What a project...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know... I can't believe I'm not even halfway through!

    ReplyDelete