Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Red Currant Pie & an Afternoon Tea Party

 
A little tea party on a Sunday afternoon, featuring red currant pie, wine ice-cream, wine ganache filled chocolate, strawberry and wine macaroon-turned-whoopie pies, and wine candy. (Yes, I had some wine leftover, and sorta got creative…) And of course, tea! 


 The main attraction: a mini red currant pie.
Doe is checking it out before it goes in the oven:)


Pie amidst pastry flowers…


A wee slice with some red wine ice-cream. The ice-cream was leftover from the previous feast; I think it tastes even better after several days of mellowing in the freezer! The flavor seemed, somehow, less tentative, more confident. A perfect complement to the red currant pie:)


Though I couldn’t really distinguish the wine flavor very well, the wine ganache chocolates were outta this world, and the wine candy was quite good too. (Both are from my favorite site, Sprinklebakes.com.) Imma be making more of those with leftover wine!

The only flop was the macaroons. (Epic fail!) I have to say… macaroons are my nemesis! They never developed any “feet” and deflated into something like whoopie pies:( Believe it or not, these were my second batch (the first batch cracked and/or burned). Both are now inducing feline obesity in my neighborhood... I think I can now produce a reasonably good pie, and I’ll know that I’m really a “good baker” when I can just whip up a perfect batch of macaroons!

4 comments:

  1. Of course! They were really good:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can just see you arranging each sprinkle on the chocolate with a tweezer. kkkk

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahahaha! They're actually hardening frosting from a tube. But yeah, I would totally use tweezers for something so delicate!

    ReplyDelete