Sunday, July 6, 2014

Lemon Pucker Pie ™

 This humble pie belies its true exquisiteness.



 Blind-baking the crust. I bought and brought over ceramic pie weights, but these beans I got locally for next to nothing are really the best!



The filling for the lemon pucker pie is actually pretty easy to make, and quite ingenius, too. Instead of putting the meringue on top, you mix it right into the lemon custard. You save yourself a step, lots of time, and the potential to mess up meringue (they are my nemesis).



And what you get is an airy, silky, yet intensely lemony pie:)



It’s easier to make and it tastes better. And it was a big hit with everyone. This really is a no-brainer. Haha! Say hello to my new favorite lemon pie!



1 comment:

  1. Weird.. I just left a comment and disappeared. Anyway, the pie looks exquisite. Yum Yum..

    ReplyDelete