Friday, September 4, 2015

A Danish Pastry Weekend

 I am tackling Danish pastries full on!
Danish pastry dough is like a combination of bread (yeast) and croissant (layers) doughs. Yes, it is very time consuming. And requires meticulous attention. Which is why I devoted a whole weekend to it. Literally, ALL of it.


First, Danish pastry twists, laced with remonce (almond paste).


And topped with honey-stung cream cheese and cherry jam. 


Proofed and baked!


With a cup of coffee for breakfast. 
(Of course, I had to get up at the crack of dawn to make this happen...)
Nothing beats hot Danish pastry on a sunny Sunday morn!


Except perhaps Danish pastries for evening dessert. Muhahaha!


Apricot Danish pastry slips
(with homemade apricot lekvar)


I had my usual dinner. Meaning no dinner and two helpings of dessert!


4 comments:

  1. I like you definition of dinner. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your definition of breakfast too. (Who wouldn't with that wonderful Rwandan coffee?!? The thing that I wake up for these days!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your definition of breakfast too. (Who wouldn't with that wonderful Rwandan coffee?!? The thing that I wake up for these days!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I live for the little joys nowadays! Though I think I'm becoming rather too indulgent...

    ReplyDelete