Monday, January 6, 2014

Mini Pie Party

Happy New Year to all! Though my blog is still hopelessly stuck in 2013… Well, I am having the busiest month of my life, packing and unpacking and then repacking all my stuff, saying good-byes, getting immunized against diseases I thought were extinct, and just generally getting ready to move to Rwanda. (I guess I may have to change the name of my blog soon?) And of course I squeezed in as many pies as I could in my final month in the land of the morning calm. It was quite a challenge acquiring some of the ingredients here in Korea, but I’m thinking it’ll be even more so in the land of a thousand hills. Oy!



Apple Weincreme Chiffon Tart
Probably the most elegant pie I made. *Ever*
The apples were poached in Riesling, and the chiffon was lemon-apple-Riesling flavored.
It was garnished with the only newest buds of apple mint.



It tasted like a dream. One of the ones you never want to wake up from!



The second pie: fresh strawberry and rhubarb tart



It’s also achieved in two layers; a cooked rhubarb filling is topped off with fresh strawberries. And served with a scoop of pineapple ice-cream.  What a brilliant combination (suggested by the Pie Bible, of course)! It definitely stood its ground against the chiffon tart – less wistful and more confidently pie-like and good:)



What yummy times are these!



2 comments:

  1. Are these your last pies from the Land of the Morning Calm?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope, I have a lot of catching up to do on my blog!

    ReplyDelete