Friday, October 5, 2012

Open-Faced Fresh Blueberry Pie


Another blueberry pie.


This one’s a mini! Even doe thinks it’s cute.


Doe has a little secret about her true identity. She’s actually a magnet! Yes, she’s a functional component of this world. But she likes to appear incognito in pictures; this is why she always peers from the right.


The pie was good. The filling was a little runny because I used frozen berries, which were only partially cooked. (Ah, I would so love to use fresh, not frozen, ingredients someday!) But the sour cream crust was exceptionally crispy (though not a hint of the sour cream taste). If I could get the filling to gel, I would prefer this over the regular blueberry pie. Or I would prefer the regular, if I could get the bottom crust as crispy. Seems like there’s always a trade-off!

2 comments: