Friday, August 16, 2013

Crustless Peach-Ginger Pie with Pure Passion Ice-Cream

Expect to see a lot of “peachy” entries!
This is a crustless one in a gratin dish (because I didn’t have enough for a full pie). It looks like something you’d have as a meal.




And that’s exactly what we did – we skipped dinner and went straight for dessert!



 With some passionfruit ice-cream.

The gingery-lemony-cinnamony-peach with the tropical-tart-passionfruit were a sublime combination. Not to mention the crispy-soft-creamy textures of the crust cookies, fruit, and ice-cream. Absolutely heavenly! I remember vaguely of hearing about an old Asian myth that they eat peaches in paradise. They’ll be wanting to import some passionfruit, in my opinion!

It all made me forget the sweltering heat for awhile. The entire exterior of my body feels like the underside of a post-it note. And I can feel myself sweating again as I dry myself off from a shower. Oy! There’s no way to wash off the stickiness (or annoyance) before the end of summer. We can only forget for awhile with…




More ice-cream!

Yes, I made a lot of ice-cream. My mini ice-cream maker was hopelessly inadequate, so I ended up stirring it myself from the freezer every hour or so. And it paid off because it was smooth with no ice-crystals. Hehe~ I packed it all in a styrofoam box and brought it to the office for the perfect mid-afternoon snack. With some banana and nuts – another delectable combination! I can see a trend forming here; passionfruit goes nicely with mellow, mushy fruit like peaches, bananas, and of course, mangoes. I’ll be adding that to my repertoire of formulas!



2 comments:

  1. Underside of a post-it is so true. I guess that's what makes summer summer. Ice cream loooks gooooood!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe~ I'll make ice cream for you too~

    ReplyDelete