Friday, August 9, 2013

Peaches and Cream Tart

It’s peach season! Time to make pie with some lusciously enticing peaches.

I was concerned about this pie because the chart of ingredients was misprinted in the Kindle edition of the book. (It called for oranges and no peaches… I’m pretty sure that oranges don’t go in a peach tart!) What to do, what to do? I thought about contacting Amazon’s Kindle Department, which was surprisingly tough to find online. Then I considered contacting the publishers, but I probably wouldn’t get a response back for ages. And then I remembered Rose’s blog/website, http://www.realbakingwithrose.com/, and I contacted the grandmaster herself. I told her about my project and asked for the correct ingredients to the peach tart, and to my delight, I got a response almost immediately from her assistant Woody. They even looked at my blog and said my pies were beautiful. Aw, shucks!



 After obtaining the correct recipe from Rose, I got right down to it. This is a rather simple one: an almond cookie tart crust, peaches sprinkled with cinnamon sugar, and some cream-sour cream-egg yolk-based custard.




Rose, in her book, says this tart is elegant yet homey. I would say that it’s completely modest because its somewhat humble appearance belies its utter scrumptiousness. Imagine cinnamon-spiked peaches encased in velvety cream that just melts in your mouth. Yuuuum! I think the only thing that was a little off was that the crust had become soggy by the time I got to dig in. Oh well. I wish I could invite people home, so we can devour the pies straight out of the oven!




I shared this with my friend who is pregnant – with twins! Oh, how exciting! I really do think that she has won the baby jackpot. There is just something incredibly adorable about even ‘the idea’ of twins... We ate almost half the tart together, and then she and her hubby finished off the rest at home. I fed a family of four! What a great use of my pie-baking skills:D



4 comments:

  1. Maybe someone will make your story into a movie one day. kkkk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol at feeding a family of four!! Most adorable entry yet : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, thanks! I'll be happy to feed extra mini people for either of you (maybe soon?)...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Children = mini people? I wonder what UNICEF will say about that!

    ReplyDelete