Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Nadège Tart

I have been making a lot of pie deliveries of late. For reasons I won’t get into here. The biggest problem is that I’m almost out of “transportable” pies, especially in this summer heat. It’s not a good idea to make meringue in the height of summer (especially in this sort of sauna-like weather), but a thin layer shouldn’t be too difficult to manage.




The nadege tart is basically a lemon pie with a thin layer of sponge cake and a much reduced amount of meringue piped into a lattice pattern. The layering came out a little skewed; I ended up with nearly equal amounts of curd, cake, and meringue, when it should’ve been a lot more curd and a lot less cake. Funnily enough, only the meringue came out as it was supposed to.  


But it was still very good:) And no one seemed to notice (or rather, no one really knows what a nadege tart is, including me!). I shared this with my new colleagues as we sat for hours at a “liberally” air-conditioned Starbucks, talking about… well, all the random stuff girls talk about when they get together. I was, however, relieved to find out that I was not the only one to have had a somewhat disappointing 20s (though perhaps no one has had such an uneventfully tumultuous one as me), and to harbor somewhat resigned yet paradoxically hopeful feelings about the future. Hmmm.. maybe I am sort of normal after all. Among like-minded people, at least!

6 comments:

  1. Wow, this one is pretty! Hey, at least your 20s are ending with a pie blast! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I learned how to pipe a lattice pattern on YouTube:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. 근데...나돼지 파이? ㅎㅎㅎㅎㅎ

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahahaha! It took me a moment to get your joke! 파이 먹으면 돼지되지~ㅋㅋ

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow the patterns are really neat! I just had a thought that I want a bed like that.. is that weird? It just looks really comforting and fluffy.

    ReplyDelete