Saturday, November 16, 2013

Chocolate Oblivion Tartlets

A mini Sunday afternoon treat.

The tarts were made with just three ingredients – chocolate, butter, eggs – and were encased in tender walnut cookie tart crusts. They were like intensely chocolaty brownies on cookies:D
                                                                                                                               


This one is a chocolate “oblivion” tartlet with pistachio crème anglaise and raspberry sauce. Pistachio and raspberry are both natural flavor complements to chocolate, so of course I had to have both!




And this one is a chocolate “dependence” tartlet flavored with Grand Marnier and crème anglaise spiked with the same liqueur. Liqueur always seems to bring out flavors; I rather liked this one better. Yum!


I’m flying through these pies at a crazy rate. What normal people would have as a special treat, I have any day of the week. (I realize this book wasn’t meant to be read or made cover to cover, especially not with a time limit!) I sometimes think that perhaps pies are losing their value on me…? Not that I’m really complaining!



2 comments:

  1. Now that you have the apartment to yourself you can bake pies everyday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is seriously so pretty.. and looks sooooooooooo good. My mouth is watering..

    ReplyDelete