Sunday, November 17, 2013

Profiteroles!

The exclamation mark should be a permanent addendum the word profiterole! They are simply delightful. For last week’s Sunday snack, I made petits choux and five types of pastry cream: chocolate, praline, orange, white chocolate, and coffee. Whheeee!



I can’t believe ‘chou’ means cabbage; these are much too adorable.
Maybe cabbages have a different reputation in France…?



Making praline powder with caramel-hazelnut.



The “triple vanilla” ice-cream with two types of vanilla seeds (Tahitian and Malagasy) and vanilla extract.  
Vanilla is an actual flavor and this ice-cream proves it!



I made a Do-It-Yourself profiterole bar.
The orange (made with orange zest and Grand Marnier) disappeared the fastest, followed by the chocolate. 
Surprisingly, the white chocolate and praline were not so popular.



And my ultimate favorite: the triple vanilla ice-cream with hot fudge sauce.
O!M!G! These were truly heavenly. 
If I, as the cook, didn’t feel an obligation to taste-test everything I made, I would’ve eaten these exclusively.

Everybody I know always points out that I have a very limited eating capacity. This is not untrue; I probably eat only a small portion of what I make. Instead, I usually ruin other people’s diets and resolve (not intentionally). But when I happen upon something super scrumptious, I really really wish I could eat more! Or at least as much as a normal person. Here are the top ten that have gotten a five-outta-five stars and made me curse my tiny stomach:

1. Profiteroles!


2 comments:

  1. And I curse the fact that I am not in Korea to get first dibs on all your pies! :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah... You woulda really liked these!

    ReplyDelete