Saturday, November 2, 2013

Deep-Dish Chicken Potpies… And More!

Time for another savory!



I had my American contact (i.e. brother) send me some “midnight sun” dried Alaskan forest morel mushrooms. Oh, even the sound of it – how exquisite!



This is not your average chicken pot pie; it’s been properly gourmeted. I mean, it’s got morels in it! And the gravy is reduced vigorously for intense flavor, with Riesling for a bit of tang.



Capped with a thyme cream cheese crust.



Oh yes, it was soul-soothing:)



And dessert. Guess what these are…



And this.



Molten chocolate soufflé tartlet and pistachio ice-cream!



The ball of ganache in the center becomes molten chocolate… which is surrounded by fluffy chocolate soufflé… which is encased in a walnut chocolate cookie crust. Pistachio is a perfect flavor pairing.


It’s at times like this that I really really wish I could eat more. I was quite full after the pot-pie, and positively bursting after the soufflé. So full, I skipped dinner entirely. I’m such a wimp at eating!



3 comments:

  1. Ah, so these are the mysterious mushrooms that you asked dear brother to send you! You are making him do a lot of shady business for you.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup! I find myself actually glad I have a brother... haha!

    ReplyDelete