Sunday, September 16, 2012

Frozen Lime Chiffon Pie


My brother asked me to make him this pie when he visited, using the limes he would bring. But, as we all know, that didn’t happen. And, as we also know, the “key” limes I’d bought turned out to be just really small limes. So, on to the lime chiffon it is. (Sorry, little bro, maybe next time. I’ll do a repeat next time you visit.)


A walnut cookie tart crust being swathed with filling. That’s always the best part: the swathing, the bathing, the piling on, and even the flooding of the filling. There’s something very indulgent and decadent about the procedure… And the filling: green lime curd, mixed with green whipped cream, mixed with green meringue. Lime just tastes better green (no matter how lightly tinted).


It was Doe’s idea to add the jelly beans (mint chocolate & birthday cake).


Billowy and delectable! (No, it doesn’t stay frozen for very long.)
I can’t say whether I liked the lemon or lime chiffon better. They’re very similar, but each with their own distinguishing twists. Like sisters!

3 comments:

  1. You made 3 lime pies in a row? You're obssessed! kkkk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gotta use up the ingredients before they go bad! Though, I still had a couple of limes leftover... I juiced and froze them for future use.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I call dibs on that for the winter.

    ReplyDelete